|Department: Operations/PMO||Reports to: Vice President of Operations|
|Classification: Salary||Location: Fargo, ND|
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a Project Manager II, you will lead projects that are strategic, and have broad impact in both the employee and customer experience. You will partner with Technology, the Line of Business, and Operations to develop an integrated plan, monitor and control the scope, schedule and cost while ensuring risks and issues are actively and aggressively managed and communicated through up-to-date communication, accurate time keeping, thorough documentation, and overall issue resolution.
- Manages projects from original concept through final implementation and post-project assessment.
- Accountable for meeting project objectives within established timeframes.
- May be assigned a single project or a portfolio.
- Tracks and reports progress, analyzes the results based on facts, defines the products of the project, and forecasts future trends in the project.
- Proactively manages changes in project scope, identifies potential crises, and devises contingency plans.
- Maintains communications for governing bodies and interested parties.
- Communicates project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Must be able to lead change initiatives which include major impacts to internal or customer cultures.
- Manages and allocates resources and organizes the work.
- Drafts and submits project budget proposals and recommends subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Plans and schedules project timeliness and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Partners with internal Team Leads to acquire a project team, assigns tasks, direct activities, and controls project execution.
- Motivates and supervises project team members.
- Knowledge of, and ability to use, organizational strategies, practices and tools for administering projects.
- Experienced facilitator of problem solving/root cause discussions to identify and implement lessons learned and best practices.
- Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situation.
- Knowledge of and the ability to utilize a variety of administrative skill sets and technical knowledge to manage organizational IT policies, standards, and procedures.
- Ability to plan, organize, monitor, and control projects, ensuring efficient utilization of technical and administrative resources, to achieve project objectives.
- Understanding of the necessity and value of accuracy and attention to detail; ability to process information with high levels of accuracy.
- Knowledge of techniques, roles, and responsibilities in providing technical or business guidance to clients, both internal and external; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or other certification preferred
- 5-10 years of Project Management experience; including leading cross-functional project teams
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting and interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal, presentation, and written communication skills
- Proven ability to assess/evaluate requirements against scope of project, manage project plans, and adhere to schedule
- Desire to actively lead customers
- Ability to maintain client satisfaction through timely follow-up and thorough communication
- Ability to effectively manage client expectations
- Strong internal communication skills including ability to work with all groups and levels of the organization (customer success, support, sales, marketing, product, operations, finance)
- Must possess initiative to produce improvement initiatives both internally and with customers