|Department: Service||Reports to: Infrastructure Team Lead|
|Classification: Salary||Location: Bismarck, ND|
Are you interested in a dynamic IT career where you make a difference to customers and share in the success of the company? Network Center Incorporated (NCI) is a Managed Service Provider with over 600 customers across the Midwest. We are 100% employee owned with a focus on a positive team-based culture and believe happy employees will create happy customers! Our core values drive all that we do – Commitment to Employees, Dedication to Customer Success and Responsible Innovation. Within NCI, our services team supports our customers from service desk to infrastructure consulting and custom application\website development, offering a variety of career paths and opportunities. We hear from our employees that one of their favorite things about working at NCI is the experience they get working with a wide range of different technologies and customer environments.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The primary responsibilities of the Infrastructure Engineer I role include the daily management, maintenance, configuration and documentation of customer infrastructure and network devices as well as SMB network and server design. As an Infrastructure Engineer I, you will also take part in projects designed by Solution Architects. Communication within this role is critical both internally and externally to ensure a positive and seamless customer experience. As an Infrastructure Engineer I it’s expected that you assist and mentor service desk techs and new employees to help elevate skills at all levels.
All professional service positions are expected to drive revenue and customer satisfaction through up to date communication, accurate time keeping, clear documentation and overall issue resolution.
- Understand customer specific business strategy and how NCI will support their related IT needs
- Provide SMB Technical Design recommendations that align with the customer’s business model, partnering with Account Managers and Solution Architects
- Collaborate effectively across internal teams and external 3rd parties to resolve complex technical problems
- Own problem investigations through to resolution for the customer
- Identify, communicate, and mitigate risk on projects to ensure successful delivery
- Provide proactive communication with customers to keep them informed on project or incident progress, setting clear expectations for follow-up and following through on those commitment
- Conduct administration and troubleshooting for customer’s deployed solutions
- Serve as an escalation resource for complex issues arising from the Service Desk
- Document customer solutions through Visio and other tools
- Provide clear and accurate documentation for all customer incidents to provide insight into the value provided
- Work closely with other team members to define and deliver new service and product offerings
- Invest in continual learning to expand both breadth and depth of technical knowledge
- Continually search for ways to better serve our customers through process, tools or technology improvements
- Assist in design and maintenance of internal process documentation
- Work with Solution Architects to design, consult and implement technology solutions
- Share knowledge with other team members through documentation, training, mentoring, etc.
- Work effectively in a team environment and proactively communicate
- Contribute to the NCI culture through a positive attitude
- Demonstrate a willingness to grow personally and professionally
- Contribute to the overall interest of NCI and our continued success by collaborating across Services, Sales, Operations and Finance
- 3-6 years of network, server, operating systems, storage and\or cloud support
- Proven track record of trouble-shooting technical issues
- Prior consulting or support experience preferred
- Ability to follow procedures or standards to implement technical solutions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including providing detailed documentation relating to implementations or break\fix work
- Preferred certifications – MCSE, MCSA, CCNA
- Able to travel local, regionally and occasional overnight