|Department: Sales||Reports to: VP of Sales & Marketing|
|Classification: Salary||Location: Fargo, ND|
Are you interested in a dynamic IT career where you make a difference to customers and share in the success of the company? Network Center Incorporated (NCI) is a Service Provider with over 600 customers across the Midwest. We are 100% employee owned with a focus on a positive team-based culture and believe happy employees will create happy customers! Our core values drive all that we do – Commitment to Employees, Dedication to Customer Success and Responsible Innovation. Within NCI, our services team supports our customers from service desk to infrastructure consulting and custom application\website development, offering a variety of career paths and opportunities. We hear from our employees that one of their favorite things about working at NCI is the experience they get working with a wide range of different technologies and customer environments.
The Technical Sales Specialist is responsible for working within the Sales and Service Departments to assist with Pre and post sales to deliver an excellent customer experience to enterprise or named accounts. This role has day-to-day responsibilities working with the Sales department during customer meetings to identify business needs/problems and possible solutions. The TSS is the subject matter expert to pre-design, quote, and scope project for delivery to customer. The TSS may also present and explain solution designs or recommendations to the customer. The TSS will work closely with all departments to facilitate accurate, timely, detailed proposals.
Dedication to Customers
- Work in team environment to build and maintain ongoing customer relationships to achieve new opportunity growth targets
- Subject Matter Expert on Network, Collaboration, Cloud or Compute/Storage Solutions.
- Align with key vendors to leverage programs, tools, relationships to enable sales opportunities
- Participate in sales calls with Account Reps as needed
- Assist sales in identification and opportunity creation
- Understand and explain complex technologies to clients
- Serve as liaison with other departments in the company to gather technical expertise for supporting the Sales, Business Analyst and Engineering Team
- Coordinate requirements gathering at customer/prospect sites with sales and engineering
- Organize and coordinate requirements gathering and solution design collaborative sessions with customers, partners, and other technical resources of all levels
- Work with Sales and Engineering to interpret customer requirements; speak with customers or prospects to understand their needs and relay this information to the Sales Representative, Business Analyst and Architect.
- Develop detailed proposals and solutions in a presales engineering capacity
- Work with Sales and Services teams to develop, prepare and deliver RFPs
- Point of Contact on projects for customers to facilitate internal communication and direction between Sales and Technical Dept.’s and work with, or act as a project manager on complex projects.
- Prepare and work with sales teams for scheduled customer reviews and technology planning
- Provide pre-sales technical assistance and product education to the Sales Team, Customers, and Prospects.
- Coordinate or provide basic customer training on solutions.
- Support marketing activities by attending trade shows, conferences, and other related events.
- Collaborate with the appropriate departments to develop and maintain a technology plan that supports customer needs
- Work with all teams on delivery of timely and accurate quotes to customers
Commitment to Employees
- Work with teams to develop and evolve processes and improvements
- Assist Sales, Business Analyst’s and Architects with proposals and documentation support
- Maintain sales certifications for key vendors and assist with internal sales team training
- Assist teams in new account acquisition with a focus on providing an outstanding customer experience throughout the customer lifecycle
- Work closely with other team leads to define and deliver new service and product offerings
- Anticipate and react to major technology changes to ensure leadership in the competitive landscape
- Analyze and improve upon technology trends to maintain a technological and competitive edge within the market
- Contribute to the continuity of network and/or voice services both internally and customer facing by providing the necessary technical sales leadership and mentorship of others.
- Ensure consistency of new installations by enforcing standards/procedures during discovery and planning process.
- Assist in defining new markets, improved offerings, consistent delivery.
- Ensure individual certifications are current and support our partner level requirements as needed.