|Department: Service||Reports to: Server Infrastructure Team Lead|
|Classification: Salary + Incentives||Location: Fargo, ND|
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Server Solution Architects are responsible for highly technical solution design, engineering and implementations across a multitude of hardware and software environments.
- Create and approve proposals and proposal templates.
- Interpret customer requirements and visit with customers or prospects to understand their needs to design solution.
- Maintain technical proficiency and vendor required certifications.
- Manage projects and staff implementations.
- Communicate with customers as required - keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages.
- Manage and address customer expectations through implementation.
- Continuously improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction.
- Maintain business awareness: have specific knowledge of the customer and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals.
- Create and maintain documentation relating to customer support through Visio and other tools.
- Document customer networks where needed.
- Create and present technical content in public setting as needed.
- Create content for public distribution including blog posts, technical documentation, etc.
- Assist the Sales Representatives with technical knowledge pertaining to the products and services offered by NCI.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
- Support and mentor NCI staff.
- Communicate, train and generate cohesion on new solutions.
- Provide new product research and development as directed by team.
- Define, create and implement process and documentation for new solutions.
- Perform all essential functions as assigned by management.
- Maintain a positive work environment.
- Consult, design, and implement technology solutions offered by NCI per Infrastructure expert skillset (defined below).
- Infrastructure expert skillset:
- Microsoft technologies
- Virtualization technologies (VMware or Hyper-V)
- Connectivity technologies (Citrix, RDS, virtual desktops)
- Server/storage technologies
- BC/DR solutions
- Securing implementations
- Communicating cloud solutions
- Cloud and datacenter technologies
- Securing cloud solutions
- General working knowledge of route/switch/firewall configuration and troubleshooting
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 6+ years' experience consulting and design (generalized support may not qualify)
- Must have Engineer Level Certifications: MCSE (Current), CCNP/CCIE, VMware AP/IX
- Four tests to be taken annually to continue growth. This can and will change based on vendor programs and requirements.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Must be bondable and have a valid driver’s license
- Maintain positive attitude, willingness to grow personally and professionally, contribute to better interests of company goals, and accept ownership of essential functions.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs.
- Responsible for maintaining job description
The goal of Network Center, Inc. (NCI) is to achieve greater profitability through delivering quality services, growing sales, creating a solid infrastructure and exercising efficiency to share increased benefits among dedicated employees.