|Department: Services||Reports to: AppDev Team Manager|
|Classification: Salary||Location: Fargo, ND|
Are you interested in a dynamic IT career where you make a difference to customers and share in the success of the company? Network Center Incorporated (NCI) is a Service Provider with over 600 customers across the Midwest. We are 100% employee owned with a focus on a positive team-based culture and believe happy employees will create happy customers! Our core values drive all that we do – Commitment to Employees, Dedication to Customer Success and Responsible Innovation. Within NCI, our services team supports our customers from service desk to infrastructure consulting and custom application\website development, offering a variety of career paths and opportunities. We hear from our employees that one of their favorite things about working at NCI is the experience they get working with a wide range of different technologies and customer environments.
As a Project Manager II within our Application Developer Team, you will lead Projects that are strategic, and have broad impact in both the employee and customer experience. You will partner with Customers, Developers, and Leadership to develop integrated plans, monitor and control the scope, schedule and cost while ensuring risks and issues are actively and aggressively managed and communicated, accurate time keeping, thorough documentation and overall
Dedication to Customers
- Manages projects from original concept through final implementation and post-project assessment.
- Accountable for meeting project objectives within established timeframes.
- Manage the team portfolio of projects, being a primary point of contact for Customers and Developers.
- Tracks and reports progress, analyzes the results based on facts, defines the products of the project, and forecasts future trends in the project.
- Proactively manages changes in project scope, identifies potential crises, and devises contingency plans.
- Maintains communications for governing bodies and interested parties.
- Communicates project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Manages recurring customer programs leveraging a Scrum methodology.
- Facilitate problem solving/root cause discussions to identify and implement lessons learned and best practices.
- Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
- Develops, executes and continuously improves process, reporting and tools.
Commitment to Employees
- Manages portfolio across resources, deadlines and budget.
- Facilitates partnership across Team Manager, Developers and Sales to finalize project budget proposals.
- Ensures delivery of work breakdown structures to set Developer project goals
- Owns management and delivery of change control for projects.
- Plans and schedules project timeliness and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Partners with internal Team Manager to acquire a project team, assigns tasks, direct activities, and controls project execution.
- Motivates, organizes, and schedules project team members including facilitating daily stand -ups.
- Provides project performance insight of Developers to Team Manager.
- Track, report and manage project realized rates.
- Bachelors Degree
- 2+ years of experience as a Project Manager within a Software Development organization
- 5+ years of experience managing projects
- Experience delivering within a Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) framework
- Working knowledge of development methodologies (Scrum, Waterfall, Agile, etc.)
- Proven ability to bridge business to developer communication
- Experience working across diverse stakeholders effectively
- Advanced problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to develop and execute procedures or standards to implement technical solutions •
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- PMP preferred
- Team achieves billable rate target of 80%
- Team Customer Satisfaction of >=92%
- 95% on time delivery of projects
- 40+ hours per week
- Limited travel